Lloyd’s of London has elected fifteen members to its new council, after the firm had to postpone the process in April due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Following the merger of the insurance company’s franchise board and council in June, the firm revealed it temporarily “rolled over” existing elected members of the council and retained Karen Green and Dominick Hoare as special advisors to the council until full elections could be held.
Lloyds now confirmed that six of the fifteen members of the new council have been “elected by the market”.
Effective 1 December 2020, the elected members of the council will be:
- Andrew Brooks (working member)
- Vicky Carter (working member)
- Dominic Christian (working member and Deputy Chairman)
- Asta Corporate Member Limited represented by Karen Green (corporate external member)
- Flectat Limited represented by Michael Watson (corporate external member)
- Nameco (No.1249) Limited represented by Jeffery Barratt (individual external member)
They join the nominated members of council who are listed below:
- Bruce Carnegie-Brown (Chairman)
- Andy Haste (Senior Independent Deputy Chairman)
- Angela Crawford-Ingle (Audit Committee Chair)
- Fiona Luck (Chair of the Culture Advisory Group)
- Neil Maidment (Risk Committee Chair)
- John Sununu
- John Neal (Chief Executive Officer)
- Burkhard Keese (Chief Financial Officer)
Lloyd’s chairman, Bruce Carnegie-Brown, said: “I am pleased to welcome all the elected members of the Council and look forward to working with them all as we deliver Lloyd’s strategy to build the most advanced insurance marketplace in the world.”