Aon has confirmed a series of new regional leadership roles in its Reinsurance Solutions business to further strengthen the team as well as its local reach.
Tim Ronda, global geographic leader, will oversee Reinsurance Solutions’ regional capabilities worldwide to drive scale, while focusing on “unique” regional trends and client needs.
With his oversight, Reinsurance Solutions will further strengthen its regional teams with the following appointments:
- APAC: George Attard becomes CEO of APAC to lead client growth in the region, with Jeremy Goodman named APAC President.
- EMEA: Alfonso Valera and Tomas Novotny will lead the EMEA region as co-CEOs as Richard Posgate is named Head of Strategy and Alan Gregory becomes EMEA Chairman.
- UK: Rupert Moore will lead the UK as CEO, effective from 1 January subject to regulatory approval, and will also act as Executive Sponsor for Japanese clients globally. Nick Frankland becomes UK President in addition to his new role as Chairman of Insurance Consulting Group, which was announced earlier this week.
- Canada and The Caribbean: After a remarkable 38 years at the firm, David Sloan has made the decision to retire as CEO and Chairman of the region at the end of 2021. He will remain at the firm as an advisor for a further 18 months to ensure a smooth transition with clients. From the beginning of 2022, the region will be led by Matt Wolfe, who will assume the role of Canada CEO, and Steve Bonifacio, who has been named Caribbean CEO.
- George deMenocal continues as CEO of U.S. Reinsurance Solutions, Pablo Munoz remains LatAm CEO, Paula Ferreira continues as LatAm President, and Andrew Laing continues as CEO of Facultative.
Ronda said: “Our reinsurance capabilities have been built on the strong foundations of local knowledge and market connections, underpinned by a global focus to ensure we are sharing best practices and helping to drive growth for insurers in each region we serve.
“Whether enhancing their property catastrophe programs or navigating new forms of volatility around casualty, climate and cyber, our new solutions for insurers will reach every corner of the globe, with the benefit of regional expertise.”
He added: “This new team of regional leaders will benefit from the prior leadership, and the firm’s very deep existing and diverse talent base, as we continue to bring together proven talent from across the firm to support our clients’ needs.”